Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meanderings

Had an interesting time auditioning for 'August: Osage County' last week. I felt ready and the parts are all wonderful and nearly all the men are in my age range. The audition went ok, not tons of laughs and it was on the stage in a 400+ seat theater, with two people in it . . . so it was all very workman like. In any event I didn't get a call back. Probably for the best really. Trying to make money at work and rehearsing would have been a delicate balance to say the least. But I have plenty to keep me busy. The Fringe Playwrights Unit starts up again on Tuesday and I am diligently working on getting my new piece typed into the computer (diligently except for today as I'm blogging instead of typing!) It will be great to have that third piece of the puzzle done for the 'miners trilogy'. I've taken some stabs at it before, kind of knew that it would take place in Beulah's; but my previous version was about Beulah's shutting down, which was kind of not that universal alongside the first play (miners on the picket line) or #2 (miners trapped in a roof fall). So in working on this one it's more about the declining fortunes of miners as the mining jobs dry up. We'll see what happens with it. On another note: entered Letter of Resignation into One Man Talking. AND I have the possible beginnings of a new piece about my family history, which is starting to take an interesting turn as I find things out about my shared history from my cousin in Memphis, could be something to explore, especially when it comes to universal themes and such . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment