Sunday, November 11, 2012

Writing?

I'm starting to feel that urge to get going on something again. I've been wasting a lot of time recently. I admire writers who do it every day. I do it every day, but not all the time, if that makes sense. When I'm in the groove and working on something and it's just coming easily, that is when I try to eek out a little time every day for writing. But sometimes I hit these periods where nothing seems to be flowing and all the ideas are iffy, or stuff that doesn't really excite me, so I find other things to do. Though I love my job it does leave me a tad depleted at the end of the day so if the muse is with me it usually happens in the AM. Sometimes the guilt at wasting time by not writing builds up to the point where I have to get back to it . . . eventually it's like, another day gone, no writing, what are you doing? Shouldn't be too hard on myself . . . it has always been peaks and valleys of activity, and I do have two new pieces that are in the first-draft- done-now-what stage. One is a new solo thing and the other a four character bit. And I scribbled down some ideas for something new this morning. So. I have entered a few competitions recently, One Man Talking of course, then a festival that accepts solo shows in the city and a developmental thing that is also in the city, to which I sent a couple of scripts. So it's not like there is no activity . . . OMT will be fun . . . a lot of work for one performance, but I have enjoyed the experience every time I've done it . . . it is such a hoot to be on stage doing my own stuff . . . just wish I could find a way to get something cooking via a showcase in the city or something . . . I guess the bottom line is: if I want to do it . . . I'm going to have to just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment