Thursday, April 5, 2018

More on The Craftsman

It's looking very good for a reading in the city in May. Can't wait. Work to be done between now and then, not least because there is a May 1 deadline for the Relentless Award. Worth submitting to it because it brings in a cool $45k if you win it so I'm up for that.

Interesting developments for a couple of the groups that I (sort of) have an in with. I guess I shouldn't say 'sort of' because I know the artistic directors so that's something. At Penguin Rep the word I got was that they were a tad put off by the subject matter in this era of #metoo. I accepted graciously and didn't say anything like: Iceman Cometh? Othello? Richard 3? I understand the nature of their audience so edgy stuff isn't their metier, so . . . onward.

The opposite happened with my friend at Burning Coal, Jerry Davis. I told him what had happened and a bit about the play and he said he'd like to read it, so I sent it to him.

Enough to drive a person crazy, on the other hand, being a Libra this is exactly what one should expect!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment