Thursday, November 11, 2010

When least expected . . .

. . . your mind can be totally blown! I ran this morning at 5:30 (yes AM)and when I was finished I was walking home and a guy walking a dog passes me and as he does his dog gets wrapped around a parking meter; I say 'I hate it when that happens', and we chatted pleasantly for a second or two and then he dropped the bomb: I saw your performance in Woodstock this summer and really enjoyed it.

I thanked him of course and talked about his connection to the area up there, but you can't imagine how that moved me. Yes I had many moving experiences built around Old Hickory and hope that I have many more, but to have a total stranger three months down the road in a totally random encounter bring it up . . . I was almost in tears when I turned the corner to come home.

You need a shot in the arm from time to time . . . and brother that was one!

No comments:

Post a Comment