Thursday, November 10, 2011

Phase II

Found out yesterday that Dead Authors is one of seven plays selected for the second phase of the New Works Project at Terry Schreiber Studio in NYC. Nice. Just shows to go you: you have to put it out there. I haven't for so long, haven't been entering plays in competitions except for newer ones, and I have some pretty rich material to excavate.

Nice shot in the arm that. And coming on the heels of the Old Hickory renaissance . . . very cool.

I am going to take a hard look at Dead Authors over the coming days with an eye toward streamlining where necessary before sending it in. The move to Phase II of the NWP is based upon a treatment and five page writing sample (I sent the Kerouac scene . . . no brainer in my book) so when they see the entire piece I want it to be the best it can be . . . it is one of seven and these seven all made the cut from 132 submitted . . . so it's time for the A game indeed.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment