Monday, March 11, 2013

Letter at OMT

I can't believe I got through all the work on learning the piece and rehearsing it without one post! At any rate, the rehearsal period was great. We worked hard on it for a couple of weeks and the work certainly paid off . . . I thought the performance went very well, nice crowd, and receptive . . . the comments were favorable and people identified with the character and his plight. It was an exceptional way to get it out there, but then, One Man Talking usually is. They make it so easy. They ask nothing other than that you come in and do the piece ... no cost no expectation other than that you get to do your thing.

Next year I'm going for five in a row!

It is wonderful to work with Bette. Last year we got act together in Wallace's piece up in Woodstock but for the last three years she has directed my solo pieces for OMT ... she is demanding in all the right ways, the only expectation is that I live up to the promise of the piece . . . we should be excellent or else why bother? It's a high standard to be held to but I have always expected nothing less of myself . . . we make an exceptional team.

Next up? A day or two to reflect and then I'll look at my newer pieces with fresh eyes, finishing Damage Control at the workshop next week and in a few weeks we'll hear about the NY Fringe Festival . . . fingers crossed for that.

For now though basking in the glow of Letter of Resignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment