Saturday, March 17, 2018

Submissions

I spent the last week not paying much attention to the old writing side of things. I finished my draft of The Craftsman last week and set it aside for a while. I may opt to read it this weekend but not sure about that.

I did submit it in its current form to Penguin Rep due to time issues so we'll see what happens with that. I want to have it sort of polished by the time the Relentless Award deadlines in May.

I spent a little time today submitting The Brother of the End of the World to a couple of places; one in Florida (Theater Conspiracy) and one in London (Theatre503).

We'll see. I do really love that play and it'll be interesting to have it back out there. I've submitted it dozens of places with no real interest . . . but the past is prelude! Maybe the hillbilly aspect of the piece will hit someone in England the right way. Best to forget all that now.

Assuming we can go in on Tuesday I plan to go to the Workshop with more pages from The Craftsman. The only 'if' is the weather which seems to be threatening but may not get that way until later in the evening.

We've been binging a bit on The Americans . . . really well written and acted . . . some real surprises as the story progresses.

I'm excited to see the new documentary about Arthur Miller on HBO. It was done by his daughter and includes never before seen stuff . . . at least from what I've read about it.

Anywho. Nothing much else to report. I did find a book that is exciting: an oral history of Angels in America. I bought it but have two other books demanding my attention right now so once I'm done with them I will see to Angels.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment