Sunday, March 11, 2018

End of play!

I typed those words this morning as I reached the end of this initial draft of The Craftsman! Wow . . . it really is something special I think.

This week I wrote an email to the good folks at Penguin Rep to tell them as much and that I would love to have a slot in their reading schedule this summer. I got back a response from Joe Brancato that they needed to get it 'yesterday' as they are finalizing their choices. So I sent it to them unfinished, but I did take the time to clean it up for page breaks and such. Cobbled together a character breakdown.

Today I dove in and finished the play, working to those words: end of play.

I think it's a special piece. I don't know what anyone else will think, but the addition of Wallace playing Martha and the response I've been getting in workshop has been better than encouraging!

So now I'm going to let it sit for a moment and see how I feel when I come back to it fresh in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment