Sunday, July 15, 2018

Writing via blog posts

In the absence of working on a play I can use my blog post for 'morning pages' to keep those muscles flexed.  Actually cheating though because morning pages are supposed to be every day and these blog posts . . . well . . . not exactly.

We saw Leave No Trace yesterday.  A beautiful film and Ben Foster once again shows why he is one of his generations' most compelling actors.  I've seen him in four films and he has been a standout in each . . . but this one . . . he rips your heart out!  Thomasin (sp?) McKenzie is amazing as his daughter as well.

I just finished the first part of Don Quixote.  That's slightly over half of the book.  My plan is to finish reading it and then get jiggy with the writing, all the while making notes as to ideas that pop into and out of my brain pan.  Nothing has really caught fire yet.

Bette, Wallace and I have started the Edinburgh conversation again.  We'll see what we decide but it probably won't be Happy Days.  Leaning toward original stuff . .. we'll see.  But exciting to be working toward that again.

Not much else happening.  Between Don Q and yard work, not to mention 'work' work, been a pretty busy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment