Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Excuses? Yeah I got 'em.

Boy time do fly by, don't it? With best intentions I still haven't posted in over a week, but I do have excuses: my daughter came back from school; I'm reading War and Peace and last but not least - I forget.

So let me catch up. I did take my new solo piece to the Woodstock Fringe meeting, but guess what . . . we ran out of time . . . so next time for sure. And maybe I'll even get to do the whole thing, and get that out of the way. Should be interesting.

I have been working on my other piece fairly regularly, it's the one I started years ago and am coming back to if you recall . . . a two hander that I'm having fun with. i'm writing all new stuff at this point so it'll be challenging to fold this new stuff into the original, but I think it's decent material and one reason for getting the solo bit out of the way is to focus on this one more.

I still haven't decided whether or not to submit the solo piece to the One Man Talking Festival this year; if I do they'll probably accept it (they liked me last year)so I better be sure before I do it . . . we'll see. Also, if I can generate some decent income from this new job maybe just maybe I can work up to doing OH somewhere in the city. there are places where it can be done . . . i might have to beef it up a little more to make sure it runs an hour, but that can be done. I was thinking just yesterday that one thing to explore is the idea that our hero is older than his future ex-wife and he never stopped to ask himself about this when he fell for her, that's one idea . . . I'm sure there are others, like maybe what else he might have tried to be rid of her.

Ok, that's it for now. i may try to upload an MP3 of the interview from the radio in Albany this summer, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment