Monday, October 4, 2010

Longest time between posts

for anyone who checks back semi-regularly, sorry for the long hiatus. There has been a lot going on, but the writing hasn't been part of it. That may change tomorrow night when I return to Woodstock Fringe with pages of my new solo bit. Then I'm going to start revving it up for a two hander that's been sitting fallow for a while; I'm thinking of getting it up and running again.

I read over my new piece the other day, made some adjustments and now we'll see how folks react to it. Should be interesting.

The two hander is something that I wrote years ago, and then sort of set aside. It will be interesting to take it out again and see what I think of it . . .

Looking forward to getting back in with the Fringe folks. Lovely people, very talented and warm and welcoming to my work. Can't wait.

I promise to write more regularly again; I go through these stages at times, and the best thing is to just use it to refill the well . . . Anna Karenina did that in spades! Great book, and a lot to be learned about writing from reading it. Tolstoy could tighten the string to nearly breaking . . . and then keep you on that edge for pages . . . truly truly great book. Possibly my favorite ever; but I don't know about that . . . it is artistry of the highest order at any rate!

More after I read my pages tomorrow night, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment