Saturday, September 10, 2011

On a roll

So still keeping the writing/blogging thing happening. This is three or four days in a row now and it's become kind of part of the plan for mornings, part of the secret is making sure to get the writing in before checking emails, because that can take you in an altogether different direction.

Yesterday is a good example . . . I did an hour of combined writing/blogging and then checked my Yahoo account . . . bingo! An answer from Steve Earle's manager to my question about sending plays: 'Absolutely, send them along and I'll get them to him!' And that sent me into a frenzy of locating or printing scripts, deciding whether to send just the miners plays or send one of them and my Emma Goldman play, so I decided on one of the miners plays and the Emma, so print them, punch holes, find report covers for them, write a cover letter then breakfast/shower/off to work. At work I decided to take Bette's advice and send the two miners plays and let Emma wait until/if he asks to see it. Home at lunch: walk the dog, find and print Where the Rain Never Falls', rewrite the cover letter, put them in an envelope and then, a quick sandwich and back to work. (why do we create such mania?) You might ask why the rush? Well, I know he has a couple of gigs in the city this week, so I figured if I could get them to the manager by Monday/Tuesday it would be a lot easier to get the scripts to SE.

It was a relief when it was all done, but it added a mild pinch of chaos to an otherwise mildly chaotic day at work (if not chaotic, then busy).

So the plays are off. Hope he likes them. Amazing how this has worked out. Just shows to go you . . . nice things can happen if you let them; open the door and sometimes something walks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment