Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A wake-up call!

I have been feeling pretty confident about Old Hickory, recently as to knowing the lines and being able to reactivate it when needed. The reason this came up is that there are some potential opportunities on the horizon and I may need to dust it off soon (I sure hope so; I would love to do this in the city for more than the one performance you get with the One Man Talking festival).

This came up the other day after a rehearsal for the Poe readings Bette and I are involved in . . . ok . . . maybe I'll blog about this in a day or two. At any rate, Bette and I were wondering about doing OH in the space in Nyack, a nice little fifty seat theater . . . and she asked me how hard it would be to get the lines together again. I told her I was still in decent shape; the last time I drove to WV I ran the show in the car and, aside from a transition or two, had no problems . . . or so I thought.

I looked at the script again today and realized that there was some new material I had added after the Woodstock run, in anticipation of the two performances that were to have happened last spring but didn't. At any rate, this was something of a revelation as I had completely forgotten about the new stuff! And I like it too!

So you should never get too cocky. I'll need to brush up on my Siler and make sure this thing is ready to rock when I need it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment