Monday, October 3, 2011

Something new!

So a lot has happened since the last post . . . amazing how quickly things fly by . . . at any rate, one of the CDs my daughter got me for my birthday is 'Come on Feel the Illinoise' by Sufjan Stevens, and one of the songs is a haunting ballad about John Wayne Gacy. It got me thinking about a play I had started years ago and then abandoned, about a husband and wife whose daughter has been murdered. At any rate, hearing this song made me think that perhaps the time is right to return to it . . . so I found the piece and spent a little time taking out one of the story lines (it was shaping up to be way too complex) and decided to focus on the parents . . . another of the characters is an older man, whom we find out later is the killer; or maybe we find out that he isn't or just that he may be . . . not entirely sure but it will be fun working on it. I started this morning . . . we'll see.

Also did a bit of addition to the new solo piece and now it can sit for a spell . . . in the meantime I'm continuing to take Dead Authors in to the Fringe . . . though people liked the set up last time, I want to see how it plays to the end . . .

As for acting: I'm participating in this Poe related poetry reading and we had our first rehearsal on Sat. I'm reading The Raven and others, should be fun . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment