Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When will I learn . . .

On Sunday, which was a beautiful, 80+ degree October (?) day; I got done what needed to be done and sat in the back yard to read through this new/old piece I'm thinking about going back to. I had started it years ago, but left it to percolate for a while. It really was two stories trying to live as one, and one of them had to go, so I had gone through the script and removed vast sections of it that didn't have anything to do with the main story that got me started on the piece in the first place. So I wanted to read through it to see if it was really something I wanted to commit to. As luck would have it, I liked what I read . . . and even had some ideas while I was reading . . . and nothing to write them down with!

Some day the concept of keeping a writing utensil close by will seep into my brain . . . because one thing I have learned: no matter how good the idea, if you don't write it down it may just go back where it came from, never to be seen again.

So I have to get cracking on this thing and see where it takes me. A drama this time, we'll see what happens.

Of course, I had an idea for another two hander the other day, but I may just write that one down somewhere for later because finding time to work on one play is hard enough, trying to give two the attention they require means that neither one is getting enough quality time . . . sounds like kids don't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment