Thursday, February 22, 2018

More on the Craftsman

Continuing the exploration. I'm finding a lot of fun stuff and having a blast doing it. Some major revelations: most significantly I asked Wallace to play Martha in the scenes we read on Tuesday. That came to be as Bette and I were talking to him and I don't remember exactly who it first came to but once it was mentioned it made perfect sense: Wallace should play it!

That puts a bit of distance and a touch of satire that might soften the play some and make it more accessible. Yes it could be a horror story . . . of it could be a horror story with a twist.

At any rate the reading went wonderfully . . . everyone was laughing and thought it was fun . . . Mindy said: 'As much fun as it was, there was an undercurrent of violence' . . . which is pretty much just what we want . . . and that should build and build and build . . .

I'm having fun with figuring out the hallucinations as well . . . I've now written two scenes through the lens of maybe they're real and maybe not . . . and to whom . . . I am beginning to get the sense that this might be a very special play . . . sometimes writing is harder work . . . grinding it out to try to get to the end . . . sometimes it just flows . . .

A fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment