Sunday, February 4, 2018

Progress!

I've gotten some good work done on the Craftsman this weekend. So now I'm up to two scenes for our leads (which I've done yesterday and today) and the one scene with another essential character, which I did earlier in the week.

And best of all! I'm enjoying it! It's nice to be working on it again and some of the more fantastical elements will be a hoot . . . if they can be pulled off on stage!

On Friday night went to a Deb Vines' house and read one of her plays. Wallace came down for it, but Bette was not feeling well and didn't go. It's always nice to hang with Wallace and other folks were there as well . . . a nice evening. I asked Wallace about my concerns with Old Hickory in this time of heightened awareness of abuse . . . and his response was short and sweet and struck right to the point: 'Are we never to do Richard the third again?'

Cool. That helps. I still think a gentle adjustment would not be unwarranted given the opportunity . . . but it's not as if I'm planning on dusting it off again any time soon. It's just been on my mind. And because it's been on my mind the idea of The Craftsman leapt into my head!

It all works one way or another.

I got confirmation from Jerry Davis at Burning Coal that he had received my email of The Brother of the End of the World. Now I'm going to leave it with him and not bug him for a while. I hope he likes it. It would be nice to get at least a reading out of it. We'll see.

This week I got a rejection email from my friends at the Premier Theater festival competition. I hadn't really planned to enter it this year as the play I completed most recently was Self-Inflicted Wounds . . . which I'm not all that high on. I wrote it and worked hard on it, but I'm not sure if it holds up or not.

Next year I'll have The Craftsman for them!

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment