Saturday, February 24, 2018

Ah! The surprise of it all!

I love it when your characters do the talking for you and teach you things you didn't know about them! I sat down to write this morning with an idea of what I wanted the scene to be and I just sat down and one person said something and the other responded and we were off to the races! And I didn't know where these two characters had met! Or that it was at the bar an earlier scene takes place in!

Lovely when that happens . . . just sit back and let it come to you.

They aren't all that easy, but this one is falling right into place.

There was a character that I wasn't sure what to do with . . . how to introduce him or how to present him . . . and it would be more of a transitional thing anyway . . . and then today it just hit me that HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE IN THE PLAY AT ALL!

We learn that he is important to Martha, and the fact that we don't get to see him and put a literal face to the name just lets the audience do the heavy lifting with imagining who this guy is! Sweet!

More later of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment