Thursday, March 11, 2010

Red letter day!!

I worked to the end of the play today! So now I am fairly well off book and instead of spending hours on end doing the down and dirty grunt work of learning lines, I can run them and do other detail stuff. We had a very productive rehearsal last night . . . really finding moments and making them shine . . . by the time this sucker rolls around, it should be smoking . . . I hope.

Got the link to buy tickets today, so I did my marketing thing getting the word out. Needless to say, it's up to the folks that I sent the info to now to do their thing as far as procuring tix. It is one performance only and it is a 99 seat house, and we are sharing it with another piece, so if people wait too long they could be seriously disappointed. Well . . . it won't be the end of the world for them, but I do think this is gonna be a good time. In a somewhat twisted kind of way.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I got a rejection letter in the mail the other day . . . how old school . . . actually sending letters! Often times it's an email now . . . at any rate, this was at Keane College in New Jersey. I enter it every year, so I have quite the collection of rejections from them. John Wooten, the AD there, was the producer of Bountiful when I did that at Montclair State. That connection has done me a world of good (a hint of sarcasm perhaps?)

There are still a few competitions I haven't heard from yet, so it ain't over til it's over . . . I sent At Death's Door (the one rejected above) to the Southern Appalachian Regional Theater competition and Playwrights First; my Emma Goldman piece, Words of Fire to the Castillo in the city for a history competition; and I entered Bagel Friday for a NY Foundation for the Arts grant. Should know from all of them this spring. In the meantime, we keep right on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment