Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last rehearsal, for now anyway

Tonight is the last rehearsal; tomorrow being tech night with all that entails: hell week in one night! A good omen for tonight though: I found my beloved beret! I had checked at Benny's Burritos and it wasn't there, I thought for sure that was where I had left it . . . as it turns out I had left it at the theater when we went to see Our Town! I'm relieved. The theater is on the way to rehearsal as well so it's all damn good. I was thinking of taking the train in tonight but with the bag of crap I have to carry I decided against it . . . plus I'll have ample time and not have to worry about subways and this and that.

The rehearsal last night was good. Worked Catfish some more and the big conflagration between our hero and his ex. I can't wait! Whatever happens I've had a blast. One of the big things Wallace has been able to pound into my head is to stand still . . . a lot of unconscious extraneous movement was finding its way in and he fought it every step of the way . . . and it's working. And I have to say, it feels really strong to plant there and have at it. Oh, I hope this is as good as it has the potential to be . . . I guess we know who controls the horizontal and vertical on that!

I heard from Jerome Davis from the Burning Coal Theater yesterday. He had gotten Wallace's email about the show and wished me well. We met when we did The Trip to Bountiful together. I really liked JD. He was talking about moving south and starting a theater, which he went on to do and it's still there, been there over ten years I believe. My first reading of Damage Control was done there . . . nice to hear from him.

Well more on that and everything else later, I have to head in for rehearsal the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment