Thursday, April 22, 2010

One week from tonight!!!

I can sort of taste it now . . . it's like when you're close to the ocean and can kind of sense the salt in the air. We're still rehearsing (tonight, Monday and Tuesday) and then teching next Wed. then it's magic time!

I do feel confident about it, but not overly so . . . it does feel good but you have to be ever vigilant, because the moment you let your concentration slip, weird things can happen. We ran the whole thing last night and it went ok. There is still work to be done, but it felt good to do the whole thing beginning to end without any stopping for adjustments. It feels natural, like a good fit. I guess you could say it should be! I wrote it pretty specifically for myself so if the shoe don't fit there's no one to blame but the cobbler.

I did find a new piece of music for the top of the show. it's a banjo instrumental by Bela Fleck called 'Home Sweet Home' and it basically is the melody of 'be it ever so humble' etc. I think that is a nice ironic choice for opening this piece. You could say this guy might have some conflicted feelings about how wonderful dear old home is. We'll now end with the primal blues thing Bette stumbled upon last weekend.

On the way home last night, as I was walking to my car in the village, a guy came up to me and said 'You look like you can help me' and I said, 'How's that?' And he asked: 'Do you know if there's a shelter around here?' I told him I didn't and went on my way. Then it dawned on me that I was wearing the dirty, ripped pants that I hadn't changed out of after rehearsal . . . and I was carrying this overloaded bag of props and such . . . pretty funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment