Thursday, March 3, 2011

The O'Neill piece

I heard this morning about 'the Red Hand of O'Neill's' acceptance into the One Man Talking Festival. It'll be in early May some time. I have mixed emotions about performing this piece because it's such a stretch for me and to be honest, it's a tad intimidating, if not out right scary . . . so of course I have to do it. How can you walk away from a challenge like this?

I know an actor, an early and enthusiastic supporter of the piece, who would love to do it, but when push comes to shove . . . if you only perform parts that are close to you, then why call yourself an actor?

So away we go. When I have more time I'll write a bit more about the source and inspiration for this piece; it actually was the first solo piece that I wrote, then it hit the back burner for a while . . . now . . . we'll see . . .

to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment