Thursday, March 31, 2011

Took the last fifteen pages of Family Matters to the Fringe on Tuesday. It was nice to hear, though a little weird since I read the closing monologue as part of my eulogy for mom's funeral. The actors did a nice job though and now I have that off my plate I can take in the new two hander until that is all read and I can figure out what to do with it.

I did manage to get a spot in the Voices from the Fringe reading series, and it works out pretty well . . . I am doing the O'Neill piece on May 7 in the city and then on May 31 I will read my new solo piece (as yet unnamed and unfinished). That gives me plenty of time to get it together and polish it. That piece has sort of taken a back seat since my mother's health crisis, and once I get past spending my spare time learning lines I can return to it and figure out what it's supposed to be.

I have been putting in an hour every morning when possible to commit the lines to memory and it has been going well . . . I'm on page 7 out of nine and a third pages . . . so it should be smooth sailing.

Wallace said he'd help out with the direction, which will be nice; I like working with him and it won't be nearly as intense as last year with OH; the piece is much more intense but I don't think we're going to put that kind of rehearsal time in . . . hard to believe I was able to spend three hours a day learning lines last year . . . that's what happens when you ain't working . . . this piece is going to be challenging in other ways, very dramatic, very dark . . . it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

More on everything later.

No comments:

Post a Comment