Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New piece went over well

I took the (still untitled) new piece to the Fringe last night and it went over very well. I have to say I didn't know what to expect. It is very hard to listen to something for the first time and the laughs were sporadic (of course, it ain't slap your knees funny). I expected some criticism but everyone seemed to really like it. I wondered if it took too long to get rolling but everyone seemed to think it was just about right . . . but they did say that they got to the point where something should happen.

Wallace did think it lacked a little in the urgency dept., but that could be that it was read cold by the (great) actors and Jerry McGee asked about one problematic line. I thought it was funny when I wrote it, but it sure didn't read last night. The line is "if is half of life", and when asked what the other half is, the character answers "l and e". I still think it's funny, but maybe the only place it'll work is in this blog, cause I guess it'll have to exit stage right from the play.

No other big news. Production meeting for Old Hickory this weekend, and I still haven't heard from One Man Talking regarding the O'Neill piece, so I guess that ain't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment