Sunday, March 27, 2011

What a difference ten days make . . .

I noticed on my previous posting how exciting the coming week was gonna be culminating in my performances at Blue Horse Rep . . . wow, if only. The day after that posting things spun a tad out of control, my mother went into the emergency room and I went down to WV to be with her, thinking to return on the 17th (Thurs.) to rehearse, or at latest Friday to perform . . . of course things didn't turn out that way and my mother died on Friday morning the 18th, with my dad, my brother and I at her bedside, in fact I was holding her hand and watching her face intently until that last gentle breath. It was a stunning moment and one that will live for me always.

At any rate, I contacted Lora Lee of Blue Horse on Wed. when I knew things were not going very well to talk about options, and a few minutes later Peggity called and to very graciously offered to postpone the performances. I was relieved to say the least. So it will be in September some time as the arts center is being renovated.

Which leaves me with more on my plate for sure. I have the upcoming performance of the O'Neill piece at One Man Talking, that is to be Sat. May 7th; and I'm working on a new piece that I am still having fun with; I was sort of hoping to read it during the Voices from the Fringe thing this year, but when I got the schedule I wasn't on it! Don't know what that means. Probably only means that who ever was doing the scheduling lost the thread with my name on it!

Right now I am working on learning the lines for OMT. It's a big job, not as big as Old Hickory, but learning nine to ten pages is learning nine to ten pages no matter how you cut it . . . and there is no easy way to do it; it's hard work. Having said that it is going well . . . I started yesterday and have about two and a half pages in decent shape . . . my goal is to be functionally off book by next weekend. Then I can solidify the lines and then in the last couple of weeks rehearse some. More on all this as it progresses of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment