Monday, December 5, 2011

Solo networking

Found out on Friday that I am accepted for the Solo writer/performer-Director networking event at the Dramatists Guild. Nice opportunity but I'm not sure for what. I don't really feel like I need a director since I have one for Old Hickory (Wallace) and I've spoken to Bette regarding Lika a Sack of Potatoes (in the event Wallace can't/won't or I don't feel like driving in that much). On the other hand, it seems like one of those things where it never hurts to put it out there and see what happens . . . increase the size of the circle kind of. Should be fun though and I'm looking forward to it. Fifteen performers and fifteen directors. We all get to read two pages of a piece.

Saw a reading yesterday of my friend Angelo Parra's new piece about Kurt Weil and Lotte Lenya. Nice work. Well read by the actors too. They were interesting people and of course the hooked is that they lived in Rockland county.

Oh, and a slight correction from my last post: I said I had two piece I have to choose from, in actuality it's four . . . but whose counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment