Friday, February 26, 2010

Learning lines

Despite having put it off for some time . . . today I took the plunge and started working on learning lines . . . it came much easier than anticipated, or that I feared it might anyway . . . but I think that was just an excuse to keep from starting in the first place. I guess it helps that I have spent so much time working on the writing over the last few weeks/months and that now the piece sort of flows from one thing to the next . . . but still . . . until you actually get revved up you never know how easy or hard it will prove to be.

I can actually say it was fun! And . . . as these things have a tendency to do . . . it has gotten under my skin a bit . . . so I find myself picking up the script whenever I walk by it to see what else I can do . . . of course the really good thing about this is that once I can work the piece without script in hand I can really start to make progress on the acting end of things.

One thing for sure: there is no easy way to work on memorizing lines. It's repetition and working it working it working it and then .. . working it some more. But what a sense of accomplishment!

Wow! Two pages down . . . twenty more to go! Happy snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment