Sunday, February 28, 2010

Da Times

So there was a mention of the One Man Talking fest in the NY Times today, in an article about one man shows. It wasn't a big part of the article, but it was in there so that's cool. Nice to know people are paying attention.

I worked the lines some more today; funny how addicting that is. A long way to go, but the trepidation I first felt about it has been replaced by confidence, which is a very good thing. I can see how this is going to be a lot of fun, not that it hasn't been up to this point, but shadowing all the good stuff that has been happening has been the 300 lb gorilla in the room that is the inevitable work of memorization . . . one thing that is for sure: no one can do it for me. Just another spice for the recipe as it were.

Once I'm off book the piece will really start to take on a life of its own, I can feel it.

A shade under two months until performance (speaking of 300 lb gorillas). Though this festival is billed as a 'works in progress' type thing, I want Old Hickory to really rock. And rock it will. Of course, there is no failure . . . the only failure would have been not seeing this through . . . so there is really no down side. But I still want it to be the best it possibly can be, for myself if no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment