Sunday, February 14, 2010

Publicity

I worked a bit on my new absurdist piece today (trying to spend some time every morning on it) and then went to work on some publicity stuff for Old Hickory. They need a one sentence description for their brochure and then a 50 word description of the play for their programs.

For the one sentence description I played around with the old quote 'behind every great man is a great woman', changing it to Old Hickory says: Behind every fed up husband . . . is a great knife. I think that should serve rather well. For the 50 word description I took a similar tact; something to the effect of: his dog is dead, his ex-wife is a thorn in his side and his only friend is his knife. So what's the problem? After all behind every etc.

for the accompanying photo I'm thinking of a shot of my back, with my hand holding a knife . . . goes well with the other stuff, what with the behind every man bit.

we'll see. I sent it to Wallace and will show Bette to get their reactions.

I've gotten a lot of responses to emails telling the date (some criticizing me for not including location . . . that was intentional . . . I figured I'd include all that when they announce on sale dates). I'm excited to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment