Sunday, June 6, 2010

Plugging along . . .

Deeply esconsed in learning the new stuff for the play. There's a lot of time, but with job search and such I need to stay on top of it. I should be in pretty good shape in a couple of days. Actually I'm in pretty good shape now, it's just a matter of spending the time doing it. And doing it. And then doing it again. It is work, yes, but it's also fun. I'm enjoying the new scenes with Arvil Sprouse, who didn't appear in the shorter version, he was just referred to. Now he has several exchanges and it's (I hope) fun stuff.

By the way, I got Arvil Sprouse's name from the principal and vice principal at my high school: Earl Sprouse (who we called Chrome Dome because he was bald, I might be more sensitive to that these days) and Arvil Sommers, who was the enforcer who weilded a fell paddle . . . I never got the pleasure of feeling his ire, but I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.

I was just leafing through the yearbook one day, dredging for good country names and these two guys were there . . . a match made in heaven!!!

Funny about character names sometimes. I have a character in one of my plays named Arlee, and I thought I had made it up. Then lo and behold I met a singer named Arlee some years later. Another more interesting sidebar is that this woman somehow sprang up as one of my cousin's Facebook friends! Small f-ing world!

I can't wait to see what Wallace does on the web site with Laurette's pix. I check a couple of times a day but nothing has cropped up yet.

I'm trying to fit one more piece into Old Hickory. I have a nice little scene about being in the woods and watching a leaf fall from the moment it lets go of the branch until it hits the ground . . . this actually happened to me and it made a big impact, but I haven't been able to successfully use it in a play yet . . . it might fit in here with the burial site of the dogs, but I'm not sure. It was a real zen moment and I hope I can pull it off, if not now then later . . . more news and reflection as it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment