Saturday, June 26, 2010

Postcards

I got the postcards for Old Hickory yesterday and I'm going to start sending them out Monday-ish. I also plan to carry them with me wherever I go so I can lay them on people as I meet them.

But the big news is, I got the Strategic Opportunity Stipend from the state! It's half of what I asked for $300 instead of $600 but still, that's something. I'll use it to pay for the postcards and postage for example; as well as tolls and gas and such for rehearsals and the shows, so it will help. Nice, especially in this time of underemployment!

I did some work on the piece the other day, and I think it may be the final additions needed. I think I wrote previously about needing an earlier example of the Ex correcting Jimmy, which would make the 'clausteriphic' line make a bit more sense, so I worked something in and I think it'll work. Kind of funny, and not out of step with the rest of the piece. So now I have to brush up the new part and learn both it and the only other remaining new stuff I haven't learned yet . . . excellent.

It's been a few days since I posted so I don't know if I mentioned that Wallace found an intern for the summer . . . that'll take a lot off his head, and it'll help me too as it'll give me someone on book to keep me on the path, as it were. don't know when we'll start with the rehearsals, but I ain't bringing it up . . . I don't want to drive Wallace crazy and when he calls we'll get it on . . . wow . . . this will be a memorable summer!

Speaking of driving him crazy! He corrected me on my email signature that it is Woodstock Fringe Festival of Theatre and Song . . . not 'the' Woodstock Fringe Festival. So I made the changes; or thought I did, cause the next time I emailed him he shot back a response: WHAT THE FUCK? IT'S THE WOODSTOCK FRINGE FESTIVAL OF THEATRE AND SONG . . . NOT DANCE! THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT DANCE IN THERE!

So I looked at my signature and noted that, sure enough I had spaced out a bit ( I guess), anyway, I sent him a major mea culpa and definitively fixed the damn thing this time. The poor child has a lot on his plate and it doesn't take a lot to hit his buttons so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment