Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back in!

Last night was the first rehearsal after the looonnnggg layoff. It felt good ultimately, though it was touch and go at first. Let me be clear about that, the touch and go part was the actual initial run of the lines . . . I felt like it was just the words without anything behind them and that's because it was . . . it's a readjustment after doing it mostly in my living room with the poodle in attendance, to be in a rehearsal studio with Wallace there. Wallace, as always was uber supportive and didn't let me wallow in excuses or my self deprecation too much . . . he's a champ that one. So we rehearsed last night and again tonight then we're not in next week as he is away somewhere (vacation I hope, he's had a tough year) then we resume the week of the 26th either in the city or Woodstock. Aug. 2 we definitely relocate to upstate!

I can't wait to see where this goes this time around. there is so much more we can play with, making the living space reflect the character, stuff like that . . . should be interesting to say the least. I have a funny feeling this is the deep end of the pool . . . I thought that about One Man Talking, but this time out we really get to take the scalpel and see what lies under the skin. The lion's share of the work is on me . . . I have to break this thing down into beats and intentions which I got sort of lazy with last time . . . but this time I can't afford to be lazy. I have to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it every step of the way . . . and Wallace is never shy about pressing my feet deeply into the fire and holding them there.

One thing that will be very nice is to have the space upstate to work with, and for an extended period of time!

So it's good. It's exciting. I feel like we're in decent shape because of the work I've already done with integrating the new stuff into the whole . . . and now it's off to the races!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment