Monday, July 26, 2010

The calm before . . .

We rehearse again Wed. and Thurs. and then after that . . . it's moving up to Woodstock! Wow. It's been a slog waiting to get going, but once we get rolling the train ain't ever gonna stop . . . then it'll be over before you know it! That's something that'll be a bummer . . . when it's over. BUT! A look on the bright side may be called for: this time last year I had no idea any of this could be happening, let alone being the centerpiece of this year's festival. Mind blowing that's for sure.

It's been and will continue to be fun; and when it's over it'll be something that I will have and that will live with me forever; and that's good enough really when you get right down to it. It's all about living in the moment, being alive to experience what's going on around you, being on stage with people actively listening is life on the razor's edge, and it sure is addictive.

So anyway, I ramble. I can't wait to get this baby rolling and to see what happens up there . . . should be fine . . . and I feel ready for it. I've been working lines in some problem places. Working them with Bette, her with the book, and pointing out problem spots - especially places where my writing is better than the shortcuts I have gotten into the habit of using. The biggest problems are a couple of the new things, again, nothing that would be a terrible thing in performance, but if I can make it sing instead of hum, why not make it sing?

No comments:

Post a Comment