Thursday, July 29, 2010

Building to something special

We rehearsed in the city last night . . . back at Theaterlab. That place kind of feels like home, we spent so much time there in Feb/March. It has really nice large rooms and it's inexpensive . . . and Carlo is a champ. Sure beats that place we were in last week; yeah it was nice and all, but it sure was cramped for our purposes.

I ran the show with Bette again yesterday morning; I'd love to be word perfect on this thing, and I'm tantalizingly close to that, but I don't want that to get in the way of spontaneity; as long as I'm in the moment and things are going well, I'm not going to beat myself up about being syllable for syllable perfect. having said that, both Bette and Wallace have called me on some places in the script where I have gotten too used to saying things a certain way, when the way they are in the script is stronger. So being no dummy I will listen to these two and do my damndest to get it right!

Rehearsal went extremely well. It was focused on the grandparents stuff and transitioning. Wallace is a wonderful director; he sees things with fresh eyes and he never is a pain. You gotta love him.

We talked about next week in Woodstock. Not sure how many nights I'll spend up there and how many I'll commute, but rehearsing for hours can sure take it out of you . . . I'm thinking I'll spend a couple of nights up there, then come back here for one then a couple more up there, and then come back Friday night to take Bette up for the party on Saturday. None of that matters all that much, it's the work. And I am enjoying it more than I can say. I feel like I'm in my element . . . and that is a nice place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment