Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's happening . . .

So it's a done deal. OH is being performed again and I can't wait! Only two performances, but . . . hey . . . that's two more performances! I been tweaking it ever so slightly, as you know from my previous posts . . . and I feel like it's ready to go. I ran the show this morning and it was in damn good shape . . . the new stuff isn't 100% integrated yet, but it soon will be. Of course, the new stuff doesn't make it or break it, but I feel that it adds something . . . like adding a pinch of spice to a pot of soup . . . you may not notice it, but it does add something.

At any rate, it will be fun to have this up and running again. I spoke to Wallace last night, and he doesn't think he'll be able to be around that much because of work and such. I completely understand. We'll do a touch up rehearsal or something and that will suffice. He said he'd make it up for the tech if he can, but we'll see. I sure don't want to pressure him, he has done plenty for this show and I am proud to carry the tradition.

This time around there will be another solo piece as part of the evening. It's a piece by Ken Jenkins. I love his work. There are some real connections sprouting up in this event: apparently Lora Lee Ecobelli, who is co-artistic director of Blue Horse Rep and is producing the show, is a friend of Deni Bonet, who I knew before moving to NY, back in West Virginia. AND Lora Lee is trying to raise money for a film with Ellen Burstyn attached, who I was in the Trip to Bountiful with AND the Ken Jenkins thing, I met Ken when we worked on Matewan. Not only that, but Lora Lee says her brother in law, Chris Burmeister worked on Matewan . . . one big happy family!

I'm ready to rock this baby again. I wish Laurette was gonna be around to see it, but she'll be off in school . . . too bad . . . but she has seen it twice . . . I just want more more more . . . so sue me. I should take notes from my friend Norman Marshall, who has been doing his John Brown piece all over the place for years . . . I have to figure out how he does that . . . as Prior Walter says in Angels in America: More life! That's what I want for Old Hickory.

No comments:

Post a Comment