Sunday, February 27, 2011

Under three weeks

Just a under three weeks til the next two perfs. of Old Hickory. Looking forward to it. I get to see the space and meet anyone I haven't already met next Sat. morning at a production meeting. I've been working the lines and things are in good shape. As we get closer we'll look at doing some rehearsing, probably only one or two of them in the city. Have to find out from the producers if they will spring for any part of it. It would be a big help if they did.

We'll see.

I'm thinking of taking in pages from my new piece to the Fringe on Tues. instead of more of Family Values. I like FV and it was wonderful to hear it read by Nicola and Norman; I might take it in once more just in the event both Nicola and Victor are there. I really want to hear what he does with the part, so maybe I'll go in with pages from both of them and decide there which to present. Oh, the choices!

Did a little more tweaking on the new piece yesterday, that felt good. Also have some ideas for other plays, but more on them later.

Tonight is the Oscars, and while part of me says "don't bother" another part says "it's only once a year, go for it". I think that the conventional wisdom as far as winners is accurate, as for the major categories . . . no big surprises there, but it'll still be fun anyway.

More on everything later.

No comments:

Post a Comment