Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More winter . . .

So the first posting of the second year of the blog . . . and there's more Old Hickory news . . . well . . . only in that I have added a page or so to the piece. I wanted to take a look at it with an eye toward filling in holes. There seemed to be something missing in there between the main character (Jimmy) and the Ex-wife. So I was able to come up with something that I think works.

It won't take the piece from forty five minutes to an hour, but it does add a little something, I think. I read through OH this morning because as I have run the lines recently there were a couple of transitions that I stumbled on; there was one sequence in particular that, when I read it this morning and saw what I was leaving out, I couldn't believe it! One of my favorite lines!

Now I have to spend more time with it so when we get to rehearsals I'll be ready to rock. This time last year I was spending three hours a day learning lines . . . it may look easy, but it ain't!

No comments:

Post a Comment