Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Looking ahead

Now that we're here, 2012 that is, it might be a good idea to look ahead and see what lurks in the bushes.

In the immediate term, I have kind of heated up with a new solo piece, it has caught fire and I'm having fun figuring it out . . . we'll see what happens with it but after several weeks of indecision it's nice to be working on something; I have another idea as well, for a two or three hander, that is intriquing me. I also have umpteen unfinished pieces to come back to so my plate is heaping to say the least.

Out there but unresolved? In the near term: One Man Talking is pending with Like a Sack of Potatoes and Terry Schrieber is pending with Dead Authors. Longer term (meaning probably hear in spring ie April/May): Not So Much to Ask is in the running for the Yale Drama Series, Playwrights First at the National Arts Club and Abingdon Theatre; Words of Fire is in the Jewish Play Series competition, as I have said before, though the principal characters (Emma Goldman/Alexander Berkman et al) were Russian Jews, I will be pleasantly surprised if anarchists plotting murder will win over some kitchen sink dramedy; perhaps a better chance for Where the Rain Never Falls for the John Gassner Award at Stony Brook University; and there are a couple of companies I've submitted Damage Control and That Lonesome Valley to . . .

I also plan to be much more on the ball as far as submitting my work this year . . . I have been remiss lately and want to keep balls in the air . . . nothing can happen if you don't let it.

Of course I have Old Hickory at the Nyack Village Theatre in my back pocket too. There are four performances in February, and it may be the start of a wonderful theatrical relationship between Richard and I and Woodstock Fringe. It's certainly off to a good start. Also on the OH radar is the possible reschedule of the two performance for Blue Horse Rep.

Then of course there is the continued involvement with Woodstock Fringe, which has been and continues to be very fulfilling in many ways, both in performance and workshop. Whatever form the festival takes this year, I plan to be part of it.

So much to look forward to and much to work toward, and as always I'm open to being surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment