Monday, January 9, 2012

A month from tomorrow . . .

A month from tomorrow is the next opening of Old Hickory. Looking forward to it. Should have a few rehearsals in the intervening weeks and I'm looking forward to that as well.

The lines are in good shape, and as an added benefit it's also getting me back up to four mile runs as that is almost perfect as far as running the show - though people might wonder what the deal is with this maniac running around talking to himself. At least I don't carry the knife!

Still no word from Schreiber or OMT. Have to just chill on that, I just hope the Schreiber reading isn't the same weekend as Old Hickory! But if it were Sunday night or Monday night of that weekend it would be manageable.

I have now landed on which of the three new solo pieces I want to focus on. No title yet, but I started it last year and even read it for the Fringe folks. It was a bit all over the place but I think I have figured how to focus it . . . at any rate, it's the guy who owns an employment agency . . . sort of a milk-toast with woman issues . . . I was looking at it this weekend and came to a rather startling moment of clarity: it is the one piece of the three that was distinctly different from Old Hickory. Not the guy-from-a-holler-bent-on-murder/revenge, but a troubled soul looking for . . . what . . . that is the question I have to answer for myself now . . . this is the fun part . . . peeling back the onion to see what's in there.

On a completely different topic: saw Matewan yesterday, boy did I look young! I guess that's what happens in twenty five years! I should blog about that soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment