Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Letter of Resignation

No I'm not quitting anything, that's the title, at least for now, of my newest solo piece. We'll see if it sticks. I got it to the point where I can let it sit for a while and come back to it with fresh eyes. My goal is to have it ready for a reading in May for Voices of the Fringe.

I was in a quandry for a while with it because I really like the character and couldn't really figure out the piece . . . I think it's in a semi good place right now, and when I come back to it I can sand off the rough edges. For right now I can concentrate on OH and learning the lines for Like a Sack of Potatoes (read it last night for Bette, Laurette and Billy, Laurette's boyfriend, first thing out of his mouth was . . . does this predate me? I guess threatening daughter's boyfriends with shotguns and killing son's in law is a touchy subject . . . for a daughter's boyfriend).

No comments:

Post a Comment