Sunday, August 1, 2010

Eve of Woodstock

Very excited about rehearsing up in Woodstock. Should be an awesome experience and I'm looking forward to it. This weekend I've done a lot of work on the script; specifically some of the new stuff. Wallace had asked me to look at the scene in which Jimmy meets his future ex wife as he felt it could stand some focusing . . . and there was a lot of stuff that I liked a lot that sort of had to hit the cutting room floor. It was difficult to do, but I think it'll prove to be the right decision. As Wallace put it during rehearsal the other night, anything that is unnecessary is chaff. Sometimes you have to kill a few babies, and some of it was hard; but you have to be kind of cold blooded about this stuff; you can't hang onto it if it bogs things down and some of the stuff I cut, while I didn't at first agree, the more I looked at it the more I saw the wisdom of some trims.

Having said that: I also rewrote some stuff to smooth the transitions that I like almost as much as the stuff I cut . . . so it sort of finds its own level I suppose.

At any rate, it's gonna be fun to work on this in a really concentrated way . . . momentum is really jacked up right about now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment