Friday, December 17, 2010

First run, running lines

So I ran this morning, first time in over a week; but it was my default four miles and feels like nothing really. Hardest thing was to steel myself for the cold, but it wasn't as bad as I was psyching myself into believing that it was. While I ran, I also ran lines for Old Hickory. Since I know there is another production coming this winter some time it is crazy not to pay attention to it. Went pretty well, a couple of rough spots but nothing major.

Still thinking of ways to beef it up some, not that it needs it, but I think if I want it to be a stand alone eventually it will need to be an hour minimum. I'm thinking that maybe an age difference between our narrator and his horrible ex-wife might be good. He being older than her. It's something to think about/play with. Again, not that it needs it; it's a pretty successful piece on its current merits, but I'm just saying . . .

This weekend I'm going to make a real effort to read through the sixty pages of my new piece . . . very interested to see what it needs.

I was planning on going to WV this weekend, but the weather uncertainty gave me pause. It's Friday and they still are having a tough time predicting what is going to hit us on Sunday, could be major or might be nothing . . . so I decided I'd wait until January to go.

More on stuff later. Oh, an interesting blog note; I mentioned my blog on Jorma Kaukonen's blog and when next I checked stats I noted that five people checked my blog! If you're back for more, welcome happy to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment