Thursday, December 30, 2010

more '010 reflections

Another reason to love '010: I discovered Tolstoy! After all those years of being lazy or whatever the reason du jour was for not tackling him I finally did . . . and then read his two mammoth books back to back. You want suspense? You want great story telling with compelling characters? You want spiritual information? Insight? He's the man. I can't believe I waited so long, but having done so, I can honestly say I'll never be the same. Amazing work!

Also saw Hot Tuna not once but twice! That wasn't planned but just the way it worked out. The first time was in Purchase which is about 15 minutes from home and had Steve Earle as an opener . . . hello! Add GE Smith as second lead guitar and you have heaven. An incredible show. Not long after that they announced Jorma's 70th birthday shows in the Beacon . . . how can you pass that up? Steve Earle was a guest that night too, and Bob Weir . . . another incredible show . . .

Add to the mix The Wall at the Garden and Stew and Heidi at BAM (and finally getting my daughter to a CSN show!) great year for music. Didn't see much theater, I guess I was too busy making theater myself . . . and being unemployed of course . . . but did see Our Town which was . . . if you're going to see few shows, one of the ones to see.

So more on '010 as it comes to me. Got a nice email from Wallace at the Fringe, apparently this year was the first year in a long time that he has ended in the black for the festival . . . nice to be part of that.

'011 has big shoes to fill . . . I'm game . . . let's get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment