Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!

Just realized that today is the one year anniversary of the blog you're reading. Whoever is out there reading this thing . . . it's nice to share. It's pretty amazing actually when I look at the stats and see that there have been people from Russia and Poland, Pakistan, Brazil, South Korea! Amazing. Especially since I don't try at all to get it out there, I just let fly and see what sticks. There are only three people listed as followers of the blog, thank you Bette and Micki and wnhamlet, whoever you are. And thank you to all the folks who came to check me out after I mentioned my blog on Jorma's blog . . . who knew . . . it's an amazing way to build a community, which I guess we're seeing the possibilities of in northern Africa right about now . . . I'd say the revolution starts here, but the only thing I want to revolutionize is my own life. I actually have done a pretty fair job of doing that so far, and it's a continuous work in progress . . . I won't know where I'm going until I get there, but the journey is pretty bad-ass.

It has been an amazing journey this past year I'll tell you that; somewhere along the lines of a dream come true. For an artist to be given the platform to get his work out there is an amazing thing; I'm sure there are writers and painters and such out there who take this kind of stuff for granted, but I'm not one of them, this past year was a golden time . . . and the beautiful thing is . . .I still feel pretty golden about what's happening right now too . . . yes I do have a job, but it's one that I'm pretty happy with, and while I don't have the freedom to move to Woodstock for a few days to rehearse, I sure don't have to worry about commuting or taking the job home with me; so all in all it's just fine.

As for the year of blogging: you know by now that I started this thing to keep a record of what was happening with my solo show, Old Hickory. I had no idea when I started this where it would go, and I sure didn't know that we'd end up doing seven performances at the Fringe festival this year. But the blog has taken a life of its own and sometimes does digress a bit, but that's ok, there are no rules here, it's stream of consciousness pretty much.

So I kept up with the progress of Old Hickory through the One Man Talking Festival through to the Fringe; that same time also encompassed the radio broadcast of my play Where the Rain Never Falls on WBAI (speaking of revolution) with me in one of the parts, that was pretty cool. I also did a nice interview with the public radio station in Albany for the Fringe Festival and that wasn't embarrassing.

So it's been an interesting year. And I can only hope that the coming year is half as bad ass as this past year has been. I do know there are two more dates for Old Hickory, March 18 and 19 (please, stop snowing by then!) and I have entered my O'Neill piece in this year's One Man Talking Festival . . . and I'm continuing to work on new stuff and who knows what can happen . . . I only know that I intend to keep on doing it . . . and I plan to keep on blogging about doing it . . . so fasten your seat belts . . . it's gonna be a heck of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment