Saturday, February 11, 2012

Opening night!

Old Hickory opened last night and it went about as well as it could go. One or two hiccups on the lines but since no one noticed but me I guess you could say they didn't happen. The audience was warm and responsive and said some lovely things after. First thing I saw on Facebook this morning was a wonderful note from Joanie Hampton, a former co-worker from the Journal News . . . that really made my day! Saturday night has some big shoes to fill!

One thing that amazes me about the show now, two years down the road, is how much I continue to find in there. Just yesterday a different take on a moment occurred to me and I tried it last night and it got one of the best laughs of the evening!

So onward! One down three to go. I love this piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment