Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rehearsal in the city

We rehearsed last night at the Night Owl Studio in NYC. Working on my piece with Wallace is such a rush . . . that doesn't really do it justice, but it's a feeling beyond description. Whenever I think that I'm overburdened by doing this show and prepping another and trying to keep all the balls in the air and I must be crazy, I think about the days when I dreamed of something like this. Before I moved to New York and I had that dangling in front of me, teasing me . . . it's there if you want it.

When I finally made the move I knew I'd done the right thing. Hard to leave family and friends? You bet. But I never ever thought about moving back. This is my path, I've known it all my life, it just took me a while to get the balls to do something about it.

Of course, when I moved to NY, it was for acting. Though I had chipped around at writing before I had never actively pursued it; but once I started in earnest, and once good things started to happen, it sort of took a life of its own . . . and here we are. Writing solo pieces and performing them. With a wonderful director and people interested enough to come see them (I hope).

What a crazy ride. I'm loving it.

At any rate the rehearsal went great. Peeling the onion to get at the layers, finding new things, new beats. A great exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment