Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some reflections

It was so wonderful to perform Old Hickory again. And in Nyack! Best part is how far it has come since performing it a year and a half ago. The piece has deepened and I continued to find new things right up to the 'final' performance. Of course, there won't be a final performance . . . at least as long as I'm kicking! There is the promise of a couple more in May up in Kent (rescheduled from March 2011) under the auspices of Blue Horse Rep.

The audience reaction to OH was very gratifying. People said very nice things and the enthusiasm was heartfelt. From my perspective, I felt like I was in control and found the rhythms in the piece like never before; I felt at home and strong . . . like it was where I was meant to be . . . of course, that's only because it is!

Old Hickory is in fine shape. I'm participating in a 'Self-Production Boot Camp' that the Dramatists Guild is presenting next weekend (25th) and I'm sure that will lend clarity to what it actually takes to put something up and whether or not it is within the realm of possibility for me to do. At any rate, there is more life in Old Hickory and I want to build on the momentum from the Nyack performances.

Next up is 'Like a Sack of Potatoes' at One Man Talking on March 4th. Now that I have had a day off, I need to get back to learning the lines for that one. It's only twelve pages, but still, I have a couple of weeks before putting it on stage!

Then in April the reading of 'Letter of Resignation' and in May the Blue Horse Rep performances. All in all it is going to be a very busy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment