Saturday, May 8, 2010

New stuff

I read my new stuff for Old Hickory to Bette today and she loved it. That's a good sign. She's always first to get stuff run by her and she doesn't shy away from critiquing when appropriate. She didn't critique much in these pages. So that should put me up to around thirty pages, which should be close to an hour, which was the unofficial target ... if something else screams for it I'll add it, but other than that I don't want to mess around with the piece too much. I wouldn't want to mess it up.

I sent the new stuff to Wallace and haven't heard anything yet from him.

I found out yesterday that I was accepted into the Writers/Producers Speeddate event put on by TRU. I'm looking forward to it. There are ten or so producers you get in front of to try to sell them . . . my years in sales may come in handy here! I'll spend some time this week preparing and see what happens: it sure can't hurt to get it in front of producer types.

Every day I get a little less hopeful about these damn competitions. I figure if they were gonna announce the winners this month then the winners already know they won. A letter in the mail ain't a good sign. But we'll see.

But I have Old Hickory to keep me warm for now . . . and that is a delicious feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment