Thursday, May 13, 2010

specifics

I sent the first draft of my ideas for the pitch fest this weekend to the folks at TRU and their responses were very helpful. Seems I was trying to sell it too much perhaps, not being specific enough with the details of what the piece is about or what people may take from it, or what I want them to take from it. I came up with some good ideas for jacket covers, but for a pitch I need to make it much more about what I feel people should take from the show . . . or not.

Anyway, I have some time (tomorrow and Sat. to be precise) to get it together, so I kind of have to get with it. I did pick up the thirty presentations I created and I'm very happy with them. The photos could have been lighter, and Laurette told me she could have tweaked them on her computer, but I'll take them as they are. I think it's very compelling.

I guess my confusion with this whole pitch thing is that I thought I was trying to sell them, but there's a fine line between selling them and getting them interested . . . so I have to sell the steak, not the sizzle this time out . . . sort of the inverse to what I have always done with sales jobs.

Ran lines again today and got them all pretty well . . . at some point I know I'm gonna have to work in my changes, but for now I'm happy to remember what I had, then I can work on learning the new stuff.

It's hard to overstate how excited I am about Woodstock Fringe this summer; I think I mentioned in a previous post that it was hard to work so much on one performance . . . this will be the opportunity to really flex the piece and see how it fits . . . should be fun.

Still no word on a couple of the competitions . . . probably doesn't bode well.

No comments:

Post a Comment