Friday, August 13, 2010

A big step!!!!!!!!!!!

Opening night went very very well. The audience loved it and most of my slips were unnoticeable and minor. I could hardly be happier. Wallace acquited himself well yet again on the party front . . . wings. MOONSHINE! Truly wonderful. I love that guy.

It was so nice to get audience response . . . in fact sometimes I thought they were way overboard. This one guy was laughing so hard I thought he was gonna plotz! And it turned out he was a reviewer! That should be an interesting review!

A lot of wonderful people stuck around after to say hello and tell me what they thought. It was a very special evening. I kind of could tell it was gonna be; we all napped for a while in Eastover (the artists housing) and there was a gentle rain falling on the trees . . . that place is just magical when that happens. I went to the theater rested and raring to go.

I dropped one of the first lines of the play but no one but people close to the script knew it and I was off like a shot . . . holding for laughs is a wonderful feeling . . .

So six more times; I think this is gonna build to a wonderful ending next weekend, while I will hate for it to be over, I am cherishing every microsecond of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment